Our playground buddy scheme plays an important part in creating a safe, friendly, happy and peaceful atmosphere for children during lunchtimes.
Who Are They?
Buddies have been chosen from each class across the school. The buddies really enjoy their responsibilities, and not only do they make the playground a happy place for all the children, but also offer a great help to the staff on duty at lunchtime.
What is their role?
- To help all children to learn how to play cooperatively with each other.
- To help children resolve minor conflicts.
- Teach children to play a wider range of games.
- Help lonely children make more friends.
- Most importantly, be available as a friend to all the other children.
- To look after our outdoor play equipment.
How do we spot them?
Our Buddies wear bright green jackets and our mediators wear bright blue jackets.