Religious Education is part of our Spiritual, Moral, Social, Cultural curriculum. At Wylam we use Northumberland SACRE for our scheme of work and use the Understanding Christianity recourses to support our teaching.
The emphasis of the Northumberland SACRE curriculum is:
- Open, enquiring RE - suitable for pupils who have a religious worldview of their own as well as for those who have non-religious worldviews
- Worldviews - focus on major world religions and what it means to live within those traditions in the 21st Century
- RE and personal development - looking at RE's contribution to the personal development of pupils, helping pupils to develop their own views
- Coherent understanding - systematic study of one religion at a time
- Core concepts - clarity about identifiable core concepts of religious beliefs